Birgit has studied at a major university in Bielefeld Germany focusing on live organic vegan foods. She also studied in the United States of America under Dr. Ann Wigmore. She uses the living foods approach to almost all diseases including cancer with the most incredible results. She has been teaching here in New York City for the last 33 years. The most important factor in living foods are digestive enzymes which are crucial in:
2. Cell Repair
3. Cancer Prevention
Digestive enzymes are only contained in live, raw foods. They are destroyed by cooking and steaming. Therefore, all cooked foods are enzyme deprived and can not be properly digested. Most people are enzyme, oxygen, and chlorophyll depleted, which starts many diseases. Each person's nutritional needs are unique.
Birgit put's a very individualized program together she recommends a candida test, a parasite test, as well as an allergy test before putting a nutritional program together. Certain foods fit into a candida condition or fit parasites, "EG Protosoa" loves potatoes and tomatoes. In terms of weight loss Birgit recommends testing for the above three conditions first before going on any weight loss program.
TWELVE POINTS ON ENZYMES
1. Enzymes rule over all other nutrients. Enzymes are responsible for nearly every facet of life and health and far outweigh the importance of every other nutrient.
2. Enzymes are needed to help control all mental and physical functions. Each body cell has in excess of 100,000 enzyme particles necessary for metabolic processes.
3. Enzymes can't function properly without the presence of other substances which are known as coenzymes. Coenzymes are minerals, vitamins and proteins.
4. Once enzymes have completed their appointed task they are destroyed. For life to continue, you must have a constant enzyme supply which requires continual replacement of enzymes.
5. Enzymes are found in all living cells including raw foods or those that are cooked at a temperature lower than a 110 degrees fahrenheit. Enzymes begin to perish when the temperature increases beyond 110 degrees. The degree of enzyme destruction is a function of time and temperature.
6. Enzymes are primarily proteins, yet enzymes need amino acids for normal function. Hormones are primarily proteins which require interaction with enzymes to regulate body processes.
7. Enzymes aid in transforming proteins into amino acids. Protein does not perform its function unless broken down into amino acids. Amino acids can be considered as an enzyme carrier whose function is to transport enzymes to various functions in the body.
8. Enzymes help extract chelated minerals from food. Enzymes transform chelated minerals into an alkaline detoxifying agent which combines with add cellular wastes and toxic settlements within the body thus neutralizing them and preparing them for elimination.
9. Enzymes use minerals to create an even balance of dissolved solids both inside and outside the cells, thus equalizing both internal and external pressures which we call osmotic equilibrium.
10. Vitamins are required as coenzymes to work with enzymes in every chemical reaction in every cell of the body. Without minerals extracted from food by enzymes, vitamins would be unable to perform their function.
11. An enzyme deficiency must be carefully considered as a possible precursor of bodily imbalance and consequent disease symptoms.
12. Enzymes are. therefore. justified as a supplemental dietary substance which need is parallel with mineral, vitamin and all other supportive therapies.
Some basic questions to ask yourself if you want to eat healthy.
1. Is the food organic?
2. How vibrant are the colors of the food ex; GREEN: salads, kale, parsley, dill, spinach, collard greens, sprouts, sunflower sprouts, broccoli sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, etc. RED: beets, peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, gogi berries, cherries, watermelon, etc. ORANGE: carrots, cantaloupe, peppers, YELLOW: pineapple, lemon, etc. The more colorful the food, the better the less sugar in the food the better. Stay away from the GRAY, BEIGE, and BROWN colors e.g.; white bread, pizza, pasta, meat, and sugar.
3. Eating raw food is better than eating cooked food because the enzymes are not destroyed see above article.
4. How recognizable is the food on your plate, does it still looks like the way it grows in nature, for example an apple, a carrot, a avocado, versus a pasta that doesn't grow in the ground or on a tree or anywhere in nature.
5. If it has eyes if yes be weary.
6. Do not combine to many foods in one meal eat simple.
7. Chew, chew, and chew some more. Digestion starts in your mouth. Eat peacefully and don't talk to much while you eat.
8. Be aware of emotional or stress related eating if this is the case seek out a specialist who can help you with this.